I’m Back…

…Did anyone miss me? [Don’t all shout at once will you]. Anyway, I have survived my weekend away to deepest darkest Peru, sorry Cornwall. I went along with Tomas and Stephen down to Stephen’s mothers’ caravan down in Looe, which was a new experience, as I have never stayed in a caravan before. Friday was a pretty relaxed evening, just venturing down to the town to pick up some beers, and back to the caravan for a few games of cards, while watching 24 on the TV. Saturday we ventured down to Trago Mills to buy some supplies for a barbecue which we planned for the evening. But first we drove down to Newquay, although we had no chance of actually stopping in the town centre area as Judge Jules was apparently playing there Saturday evening, so we stopped off to play some crazy golf, and I have a respectable round of 23 on the outward 9, and 27 on the back 9, and finished only 2nd to Tomas after Stephen threw the game away on the 17th hole taking 9 shots compared to the 2 shots of myself and Tomas. In the evening we attempted a barbecue, which didn’t exactly go to plan, thanks to the unpredictable British weather, so we had to improvise, and managed to have flame grilled kebabs, these things always happen when Stephen doesn’t listen to what I have to say. Today was a clean up day really, but that was all done and dusted before midday, so we ventured upto North Devon, although it didn’t quite work out in the way we intended as we ended up in South Devon, in a little town on the coast called Dawlish. And on the way I proved my point to Stephen that Oakhampton wasn’t on the coast of Devon, he really should listen to me, then he wouldn’t make a fool of himself so often. Anyway, that’s the basis on my weekend, I am feeling a little tired and slightly sunburnt, and it’s the depressing thought of having to go back to work tomorrow, oh well it was nice while it lasted, but this week has gone too quickly for my liking.

In sport it was a good weekend as far as I am concerned, firstly Plymouth Argyle managed to win their first game of the season away at Reading. Plymouth took the lead in the 21st minute courtesy of Argyle veteran Mickey Evans; but that advantage was cancelled out 9 minutes after half time by Leroy Lita. The score line stayed that way until late in injury time when substitute Nick Chadwick managed to knock in the deflection from Paul Wottons’ shot on goal. To say that Plymouth were lucky to walk away with all three points is an understatement, but we’ll take it anyway it comes, and here’s to more results like this. In cricket, England managed a dramatic win over the Aussies, although England never makes it easy on themselves, winning by only two runs, after the Australian tail end put up a brave fight to save the game, but alas it was all in vain. The series in now levelled, one game a piece, can this be the year that England take back the ashes? I’ll keep my fingered crossed!

Have Something To Say About This Post? Please Comment Below!