That was the weekend that was…

Nothing of any note happened over the weekend in my personal life. But I did manage to go the whole weekend without touching a drop of alcohol. That is a big thing for me as I am most tempted to drink at weekends as that’s when most of the people I know are out and about. I’m not going to say friends as they aren’t really what I would class as friends as we never do anything outside of a pub/club environment. They are more like drinking buddies, but I badly want to get away from that lifestyle as its becoming very self destructive to myself and my relationship with Erin, my sole objective is getting to Kansas with Erin!

It was a highly disappointing weekend for my sporting interests. Let’s start with the Six Nations as England collapse against Wales at Twickenham. England looked in total control during the first half with Toby Flood scoring a try and Jonny Wilkinson kicking England into a commanding lead going in at the half time interval 16 – 6. After half time England looked like a completely different team, not having any fight to defend their position while the Welsh were resurgent scoring two tries and two penalties to overhaul England to win 26 – 19. England’s only score in the second half was a penalty kick from Wilkinson. This is the first time Wales have beaten England at Twickenham for 20 years. England should be ashamed of themselves for letting a commanding 19 – 6 lead slip away. But all credit to Wales for coming out after the interval and taking the game to England but it’s severely disappointing for all English fans. If England can’t even beat Wales on home turf, how can we expect to beat the likes of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa? England are 5th in the six nations league table with only Scotland below us after being 27 – 6 by France. Next game for England is a must win game away against Italy, which isn’t a certain 2 points as the Italians are a tough team as they proved at Lansdowne Road against the Irish on Saturday!

Plymouth Argyle slumped down to their third home defeat of the season against Hull City. Plymouth keeper Luke McCormick did brilliantly to deny Hull time and time again as it was pretty much all one way traffic during the first half. But the Plymouth stopper couldn’t do anything to stop Dean Windass scoring the only goal of the game at the death of the first half. Plymouth never really looked like they were in the game, Argyle have no finishing prowess at all, the new signings were disappointing while Jamie Mackie was left on the bench. Frankly I think our half million pound striker Steve MacLean isn’t a patch on our outgoing strikers Ebanks-Blake and Barry Hayles. I hope it’s just because the new team haven’t gelled proper and they will come good but the early signs aren’t good! Plymouth remain in 12th in the league and somehow are still only five points off a play-off place. Next game is a biggie away at the Walkers Stadium, it’s Argyle’s first tie against Leicester since Holloway took charge, definitely a grudge match as far as the Green Army are concerned!

Have Something To Say About This Post? Please Comment Below!